Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
What People Say About Us
Working with Wayne at Bradley Automotive exceeded expectations. Professional, personable, and sensitive to customer's concerns.Excellent service!
Wayne always does a great job getting repairs done as quickly as possible. I've never NOT had my car back the same day; even when I call him at 10:00 am in a panic because something broke on my way to work. Always honest and reliable.
I've been a customer of Bradley Automotive for 17 years. Wayne and his crew never stop amazing me. Be it questions I have on my vehicles or technical support, I always get a straight answer with no attempt to sell me products or services I don't need. I would recommend Bradley Automotive to anyone in need of professional automotive service at a reasonable price.
My experience at Bradley Automotive was very nice. I was given the pleasure of having my car worked on by friendly reliable mechanics. I felt my car was repaired for what was wrong with it and nothing more. I would recommend Bradley Automotive to friends and family.
This wonderful and Honest auto center works on all of my SUVs and cars with always great results and fair pricing. I am writing this for all to know the you can patronize a family owned business and stay away from the CHAINS and not get Manipulated to buy services that you don't need. I have been a patron of Bradley Auto for several years and wish them the best and say THANK YOU!
I've always had a positive experience with Bradley Automotive. Wayne and the staff have always been professional and honest with assessments and repairs needed.